All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

• Gary Melody (Private)
    3 days ago
    Sam Foose36Coupe
    Isn't the front from a '37?
    16 days ago
    48_chevy_014_op_640x478side.jpg
    How do I make the Window tracks for the front doors to remove the vent Windows
    16 days ago
    Marty-Moore-1940 FordConvertible-01
    It is a 40 ford not a 39 he put a standard 40 grill and hood on the car.
  • tommy lee (Private)
    17 days ago
    23236562 DSCN3870
    Rick; How can I purchase photos of this 39/40 Merc?
    17 days ago
    P1160132
    The most beautiful car ever built
  • Phil Kaelin (Private)
    1 month ago
    I was 20 years old in the summer of 1958 when this photo was taken.
    Now, 80 years old in the summer of 2018 still looking at these photos.
    One good car then, one great memory now!   Thank you,  Phil Kaelin
    DSC02410 0003 003
    How much are you asking
    California Nugget Custom 1957 Chevy
    I thought hot rod hall of fame builder bob cecchini built this car from the Bay Area?
    • Greg Gomes (Private)
      He owned it. He did not build it.
    I’ve just bought 2 of the Sedans and am waiting to see if I can excuse myself for my lust to chop...
    But ,,I’d love to know how much you took out of this Sweet ol girl...
    And obviously tell you what everyone else does ....Nice ly Finished ..Big pat on the back to you...Cheers ..G from Melbourne.Australia
    Jeffs-51Chevy-Progress-25
    what color is this?
  • Ron (Private)
    c1_12_sb.JPG
    Seats are from?
    Rik,
    The grille appears to be a '38 Deluxe, rather than a '39 Standard. Has it been substituted, or is it perhaps really a '38?
    Tony
    current progress
    P6280159
    can i still buy a pair for my 1951 ford 2 door sedan please call me at 856-265-4113 Ed !

• 2 months ago
    I haven't thought about Miles for a long time.  I knew him when I was about 12 or 13 years old.  He was a member of Messiah Baptist Church.  I was a geek but Miles knew I liked cars.  The Awana club at the church had a model contest and Miles was the judge.  He gave  me the trophy because he liked the metal flake paint.  When I could I would hang around with Miles.  He was someone that I looked up to a great deal.  I went to an auto show with him and he traded a custom 34 Ford for a vette.  To him no big deal , to me he was a God.  At one point I was in his garage in Downers Grove.  He said he wanted to show me something.  The door opened and it was Roland Leong's Hawaiian funny car.  To him no big deal, To me unreal.  Years later I still was in touch with him from time to time.  I was at a party at the home of the guy who owned ALL the Sizzler steak houses in the area.  ( I knew his son) The owner ( Art Ellis) and his wife were on vacation and out of town..  After to much to drink I managed to drive my custom monster truck into his wife's new OLDS.  They were returning in two days.  My only shot was to ask Miles to fix it prior to their return.  He did and no one was the wiser.  That was I think about 1975- 76.  I have never disclosed that to anyone with the exception of Art's son Bobby in 43 years.  Miles was someone that I idolized and Miles even though I was a geek treated me like a man.
    He was a great man I and I still think about him and  Goofy Grape ( the car ) to this day.