All Comments to Iowaz iowaz@swbell.net's files

FayCoIaCemPleasantValleyBrainardBurials001
    I just found your site.  FABULOUS.  The Ray Gilbert residence mentioned here was my family.  Ray Orndorff Gilbert was married to Dorothy E Craft.  The mother of Dorothy was Harriet (Hattie) Mae Craft Barker.  Hattie was married to Daniel Hills Craft.  Hattie and Dan lived just the next house down the hill from Ray and Dorothy.  Hattie was the sister of my grandfather who is Charles Leroy Barker who is buried in the East Dubuque Cemetery.  in East Dubuque, Illinois where we have a small area in the cemetery which is where many of the Barker (my mother was the daughter of Charles Barker) and Grants are buried.  I am a Grant as my mother, Eva Louise (Babe) Barker married Bernard Nelson Grant who died when I was 16 months old.  My name is Terry Grant who married Gail Ann Klingeman who's family was from near Spook Cave by Monona, IA.  Thank you for your wonderful photos.  I remember when William Barker (brother of Charles Barker) who worked for Fayette Co. was blown up with dynamite, my grandfather said that they buried some of his remains behind Ray's house.  It is very possible that this cemetery was where they placed the remains.
  • Ellen Stepp (Private)
    FayCoIaCemPleasantHill2010gRow01s017SteppJamesNellieT
    Nellie T Stepp is James daughter from his first wife:

ADAMS, Nelly Nellie Grant b: 1834 in TN or KY d: 19 Feb 1883 in Beach Ridge, Alexander.Co.IL m: 1858 in Macon.Co.TN

STEPP, Nellie Tillie b: Mar 1880 in Beach Ridge, Alexander.Co.IL d: 31 Aug 1904 in Freeport area, Winneshiek.Co.IA Burial: Pleasant Hill Cem, row 1, lot 40, lg bk granite with father, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 9: 1900 Census; age 20, Freeport area, Winneshiek.Co.IA.
    ... +UNMARRIED

STEPP, James D. b: 16 Jul 1838 in Macon.Co.TN d: 03 Feb 1924 in Farm 3mi N of Fayette, Westfield.Twp, Fay.co.IA Burial: Pleasant Hill Cem, row 1, lot 40, large modern bk granite marker, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 1: 15 Jun 2011 Stepp last reviewed; Barry Zbornik Hannibal MO Note 3: Surname analog; Stepp, Steppe, Step. Race; mulatto. Note 7: 1850 Census; age 12, with Thompson Wright family, Macon.Co.TN Note 9: 1860 Census; farming $0/200, by Thompson Wright, LaFayette P.O., Macon.Co.TN Note 10: 1860 Census; wife Nelly2y, son J.P.1. Note 11: Bet. 1868 - 1869 Obit: TN to soujther IL Miss.Riv bottoms (Calro or Beach Ridge,IL). Note 12: 1870 Census; farming, Union City P.O., Obion.Co.TN Note 13: 1880 Census; farming, race mulatto, Beech Ridge, Alexander.Co.TN Note 14: 1884 Moved family to Buchanan.Co.IA. Note 15: 1885 Census; widowed, with ch, farming SW,SW, sec 16, Homer Twp, Buchanan.Co.IA Note 16: 1886 Obit: Widowed, moved family to farm 3mi N of Fayette, Fay.Co.IA. Note 17: 1895 Census; Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 19: 1900 Census; farming, West Union village, Fay.Co.IA Note 20: Bet. 1905 - 1912 Census; farming, 3mi N of Fayette, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA Note 21: 1905 Fay.Paper; raising more melons than anyone in the area. Note 22: 1910 Census; farming, 3mi N. of Fayette, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 23: 1912 Fay.Paper; farm sale of stock, macinery, other items. Note 25: Joined the M.E. Ch, while in S. ILL. Note 26: Known as the 'Melon Man' around the Fayette area. Note 27: Stepp family known for melon & truck farming; offspring followed.
    FayetteIa2015gJuly18g271
    From front left
    Jean Carlson
    Roy Carlson
    Harold Longley (Class of '83 but moved away in '81)
    Beth (Longley) Schreiber Class of '80
    LuAnn (Carlson) Class of '80
    Harold Davis (first time visitor to Fayette)
    Pat Longley
    PikeCoMoCemGrassyCrOld2007Pass1a000a
    I am searching for the burial site of James Booth, and his wife, Catherine Booth.  James was a Rev War vet who died in Pike Co, MO about 1817.  I do not have a death date for Catherine/Caty.  They lived in Buffalo Twp of Pike County.

Thank you for any information you might have.
    Beth Haring, Lincoln NE

Contact me at
  • cheryl Myers (Private)
    PikeCoMoCemMcElwee2005Row02a002CarrMehaha
    Mehala Jane Carr, my 4th gr grandmother
  • Karen Hayes (Private)
    1 year ago
    I really appreciate the effort that you took to take great pictures of this cemetery.  I was able to find one that I had never seen before.  I believe that the stone for Rebecca J Gurdy has her children engraved on another side of the stone.  I have seen another picture that  has Mary and Clarence on it.  It unfortunately is not very clear.  By chance did you take a picture of the other sides?

Karen
    1 year 4 months ago
    Mark,I would love to talk with you and possibly get copies of the letters Joseph J Earle's Civil War letters. He would have been my Great X3  Grandfather. My grandfather was Harold "buzzy" Earle who ran the Standard service station in Fayette. Please feel free to contact me any time. mailto:r319-310-4669ThanksNick Earle
    • Earle (Private)
      1 year 2 months ago
      Hi Nick,

What's your email address? I am also related to Richard Earle. I have a photo of Catherine Earle, who would be Joesph Earle's younger sister. Let me know your email address so I can send it to you.
    1 year 4 months ago
    CycleVmaxTapOuts1985a01
    How much are you looking for, thanks kev
  • Chris Cooper (Private)
    1 year 7 months ago
    ClintonMonroeCoMoPotteryShards023
    Hello Iowaz!

Chris Cooper here again! I was wondering do you still own these pieces of Pottery sherds? I sure would love to meet up  with you someday or sometime and take some pictures of these pieces of Sherds that you have in these pictures!
  • Chris Cooper (Private)
    1 year 7 months ago
    Hello Iowaz!

Hello My name is Chris Cooper or Christopher Neal Cooper at Facebook!

I am enjoying your pictures of the Pottery sherds, I have been researching and studying Missouri Potter's and Pottery Makers aka Stoneware Manufactures for Years, since the 1980s, I have known about several different Potter's in Monroe County and I have found your pictures really interesting, I was wondering if there was anyway that I could Borrow some of your pictures from the Clinton Pottery Kiln and Pottery Shop? I want to add your whole Research of these Pottery pieces and Pottery Sherds to my Research! ---- Iowaz, I will tell you more about my Research & Investigations in another comment section like this one, very soon! --- Kirksville, Adair Co., Mo. near the Thousands Lake State park, in area known as Sloan's Point we investigated a Pottery Shop and found Kiln pieces and parts, this was in the 1980s/1987, and I been Hook ever since on Pottery Shops, Kilns and pottery Sherds, and Researching the different Potter's of Missouri, be it NW or NE to SW to SE parts of Missouri - I have studied Hundreds here in Missouri, Iowa, Illinois and Ohio!!

Anyway I want to thank you for your time and Mr. Iowaz thanks for your time and Take Care, see you at Fac8
    Christopher Neal Cooper

• Cynthia (Private)
    1 year 9 months ago
    FayetteIa2015gJuly18g208
    Can you get this pic???
    • 1 year 9 months ago
      Email me at iowaz@swbell.net and I will attach the pic or right click on the Fotki pic and save.
  • 2 years 2 months ago
    ClintonMOeastbank114
    I am guessing you might know the name and email, but its again been some time with you Iowaz!I was asking you questions about The Battle of Vassar Hill, Scotland Co., Mo.But when I ran across this site of Monroe Co., Mo. and saw some items about Clinton and Jonesburg, sites and that Pottery Shop site, you got me mind and body running fast here!! I have spent most of my Lifetime or it seems like it Researching, Studying and Investigating Missouri Pottery Shop/Kiln sites, I had read in the History of these towns or villages in the Past about the production of Pottery here and went thru the 1860 & 1870 U.S. Censuses and found the Potter's and their families and where they came from, I really got excited and seeing your postings even made more Exciting for me Iowaz!! Thanks and I really do enjoy your postings here at your Site/webpage!
    Please tell me more about this picture ClintonMOeastbank114 and its connection to the townsites of Clinton or Jonesburg, Mo.--- please?
    Thanks for your time and I would really love to talk to you Iowaz personally via Tel-phone Nos. and I am willing to send you mine - right now!! (816)-672-9826 {Cellphone} and (816)-434-5180 {Home No.} I just want to hear from you about these sites in Northern Missouri and share with you what I know about the 1870s Potter's in this area Were!
    Thank You and I look forward Again in hearing from you Iowaz!!
    Christopher N. Cooper aka Chris Cooper or just Coop ---- mailto:
  • Shane (Private)
    BonaparteIaPioneerPottery2003a035
    Have a piece like the back left one. Are they worth anything and what was it used for?
    PikeCoMoCemMcElwee2005Row12a042McElweeJames
    My Great, great, great grandfather.....Jim McElwee
    Sean,  Where did you get that dog, Junior?