All Comments to Iowaz iowaz@swbell.net's files

FayCoIaThompsonReunion108th2012Aug12k001
    I am David Leo Thompson, son of Jesse W. & Harriet Thompson.   we resided in  Fayette, Iowa in the 1950's where my parents had a bakery. I am pretty sure I am related to the Zborniks.  I would sure like to learn how I am related. My dad grew up on a farm near Waucoma. My  mother was raised on a farm at Lourdes, Iowa. They were both born in 1899. If you can help me find out more  I would really appreciate it.Best regards
    FayetteIaHighSchool1961Annual088
    My mom, Kaye Briesemeister on the left. So cool to see this.
  • tereasa (Private)
    ScotlandCoMoVassarPans030
    who's house is this? thankyou
  • tereasa (Private)
    ScotlandCoMoVassarPans023
    who's house is this?  thanks
  • tereasa (Private)
    ScotlandCoMoVassarPans017
    Do you know where the Maggard homestead would be from here>? thanks
    Nice job of gathering the history and photographs. Ignatz was my great-great grandfather.

• Mike Bilger (Private)
      Forgot to leave my name and email before
    Mark,I would love to talk with you and possibly get copies of the letters Joseph J Earle's Civil War letters. He would have been my Great X3  Grandfather. My grandfather was Harold "buzzy" Earle who ran the Standard service station in Fayette. Please feel free to contact me any time. mailto:r319-310-4669ThanksNick Earle
    • Earle (Private)
      Hi Nick,

What's your email address? I am also related to Richard Earle. I have a photo of Catherine Earle, who would be Joesph Earle's younger sister. Let me know your email address so I can send it to you.
        mailto: would love to hear from you.ThanksNick
  • 9 months ago
    Thanks to everyone that has worked on this project. I am Archibald Scoggins (Scroggins) relative. My father is Frank M Scoggins who is the son of Frank Clarence Scoggins. Frank Clarence Scoggins was the son of Archibald Johnson. And Archibald Johnson Scoggins is one of Archibald Scoggins sons. I plan on visiting this site in the warm weather. I would love to know where Archibald Scoggins was born.  Debra J Scoggins
    1 year 5 months ago
    PikeCoMoCemMtAyr001
    trying to locate a Daniel Webster Carter....HELP.  Would have been in the Civil War and buried beside Ella Scott Carter.  Thanks
    1 year 9 months ago
    FayCoIaCemPleasantValleyBrainardBurials001
    I just found your site.  FABULOUS.  The Ray Gilbert residence mentioned here was my family.  Ray Orndorff Gilbert was married to Dorothy E Craft.  The mother of Dorothy was Harriet (Hattie) Mae Craft Barker.  Hattie was married to Daniel Hills Craft.  Hattie and Dan lived just the next house down the hill from Ray and Dorothy.  Hattie was the sister of my grandfather who is Charles Leroy Barker who is buried in the East Dubuque Cemetery.  in East Dubuque, Illinois where we have a small area in the cemetery which is where many of the Barker (my mother was the daughter of Charles Barker) and Grants are buried.  I am a Grant as my mother, Eva Louise (Babe) Barker married Bernard Nelson Grant who died when I was 16 months old.  My name is Terry Grant who married Gail Ann Klingeman who's family was from near Spook Cave by Monona, IA.  Thank you for your wonderful photos.  I remember when William Barker (brother of Charles Barker) who worked for Fayette Co. was blown up with dynamite, my grandfather said that they buried some of his remains behind Ray's house.  It is very possible that this cemetery was where they placed the remains.
  • Ellen Stepp (Private)
    1 year 10 months ago
    FayCoIaCemPleasantHill2010gRow01s017SteppJamesNellieT
    Nellie T Stepp is James daughter from his first wife:

ADAMS, Nelly Nellie Grant b: 1834 in TN or KY d: 19 Feb 1883 in Beach Ridge, Alexander.Co.IL m: 1858 in Macon.Co.TN

STEPP, Nellie Tillie b: Mar 1880 in Beach Ridge, Alexander.Co.IL d: 31 Aug 1904 in Freeport area, Winneshiek.Co.IA Burial: Pleasant Hill Cem, row 1, lot 40, lg bk granite with father, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 9: 1900 Census; age 20, Freeport area, Winneshiek.Co.IA.
    ... +UNMARRIED

STEPP, James D. b: 16 Jul 1838 in Macon.Co.TN d: 03 Feb 1924 in Farm 3mi N of Fayette, Westfield.Twp, Fay.co.IA Burial: Pleasant Hill Cem, row 1, lot 40, large modern bk granite marker, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 1: 15 Jun 2011 Stepp last reviewed; Barry Zbornik Hannibal MO Note 3: Surname analog; Stepp, Steppe, Step. Race; mulatto. Note 7: 1850 Census; age 12, with Thompson Wright family, Macon.Co.TN Note 9: 1860 Census; farming $0/200, by Thompson Wright, LaFayette P.O., Macon.Co.TN Note 10: 1860 Census; wife Nelly2y, son J.P.1. Note 11: Bet. 1868 - 1869 Obit: TN to soujther IL Miss.Riv bottoms (Calro or Beach Ridge,IL). Note 12: 1870 Census; farming, Union City P.O., Obion.Co.TN Note 13: 1880 Census; farming, race mulatto, Beech Ridge, Alexander.Co.TN Note 14: 1884 Moved family to Buchanan.Co.IA. Note 15: 1885 Census; widowed, with ch, farming SW,SW, sec 16, Homer Twp, Buchanan.Co.IA Note 16: 1886 Obit: Widowed, moved family to farm 3mi N of Fayette, Fay.Co.IA. Note 17: 1895 Census; Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 19: 1900 Census; farming, West Union village, Fay.Co.IA Note 20: Bet. 1905 - 1912 Census; farming, 3mi N of Fayette, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA Note 21: 1905 Fay.Paper; raising more melons than anyone in the area. Note 22: 1910 Census; farming, 3mi N. of Fayette, Westfield.Twp, Fay.Co.IA. Note 23: 1912 Fay.Paper; farm sale of stock, macinery, other items. Note 25: Joined the M.E. Ch, while in S. ILL. Note 26: Known as the 'Melon Man' around the Fayette area. Note 27: Stepp family known for melon & truck farming; offspring followed.
    1 year 11 months ago
    FayetteIa2015gJuly18g271
    From front left
    Jean Carlson
    Roy Carlson
    Harold Longley (Class of '83 but moved away in '81)
    Beth (Longley) Schreiber Class of '80
    LuAnn (Carlson) Class of '80
    Harold Davis (first time visitor to Fayette)
    Pat Longley
    PikeCoMoCemGrassyCrOld2007Pass1a000a
    I am searching for the burial site of James Booth, and his wife, Catherine Booth.  James was a Rev War vet who died in Pike Co, MO about 1817.  I do not have a death date for Catherine/Caty.  They lived in Buffalo Twp of Pike County.

Thank you for any information you might have.
    Beth Haring, Lincoln NE

Contact me at
  • cheryl Myers (Private)
    PikeCoMoCemMcElwee2005Row02a002CarrMehaha
    Mehala Jane Carr, my 4th gr grandmother
  • Karen Hayes (Private)
    I really appreciate the effort that you took to take great pictures of this cemetery.  I was able to find one that I had never seen before.  I believe that the stone for Rebecca J Gurdy has her children engraved on another side of the stone.  I have seen another picture that  has Mary and Clarence on it.  It unfortunately is not very clear.  By chance did you take a picture of the other sides?

Karen