All Comments to ALABAMA AUTO RACING PIONEERS's files

3 days ago
    Jimbo Wilson
    I was 13 when I met my ex husband ,I would sit up til midnight on Saturday nights for the races to be over with for him to call. I remember you and your racing because of stories he would tell me.if at all possible I would love a auto graph picture of you for him for fathers day. We are no longer together but we will always remain friends. And I kno this would mean alot to him. I work right direction the Road at shell on rangeline and Hamilton'. My name's Halisha. Thank you for your time.
  • John Echols (Private)
    14 days ago
    Richard Orton  1972
    I remember this car Richard! You were driving for Ol' Cotton! I drove and finished in 3rd behind you once!
  • Mike Kimble (Private)
    FH000012 edited
    My father, Riley Kimble, was one of the owners of this car, along with the leader of their group Ben Adams and two other owners, Hascal Lowery and Nelson Smith. The car is a Bill Hite built car. It was never run as a four wheel drive, always rear wheel drive only. The car won features in Jackson, Miss and in a special supermodified race held at the old Baton Rouge, LA 5/8 mile. Ikey Jerome was the only driver to drive it except for one night when Ronald Ellsworth drove the car when Ikey was in Oxford watching his son, Scott, play football In one Liberty Bell 300 in Houston the A-frame broke early in the race, they replaced it, and made up a bunch of laps finishing high up in the finishing order. Ikey was recognized after the race by the announcer for putting on such a good performance. Thanks for restoring a true Kimble family memory. Visit Toby Taylor's web site - - for some other great supermodified pictures from the Mississippi area.
      16 days ago
      • Tom (Private)
        16 days ago

Billy's a friend of mine, Rat Lane drove one of Billy's 4 wheel drive car down here in Mobile and surrounding areas for a while.  Not sure if it was that car or not, but it was one with the Olds Toranado tranny/4 wheel drive.  Billy was way ahead of his time. He still lives in the Mobile area
    • Tommy Adams (Private)
      Mike, I bought your old # 99 car, please call me at 1_334_290_0970 A.M or Cel. 334_467_0700. I would to take to you.
    27 days ago
    312 951
    this is at BILL HAMMERS SHOP
    1 month ago
    Remembering Jerry Goodwin
    1 month ago
    Hellfire Skeeter is in the museum of Gadsden Alabama Bill fryer and Tommy fire found it in a briar bush in Ringgold Georgia and restored it it was donated to the museum as long as they kept it on display if they're going to take it off this play it was to be given back to the family my name is John Hancock or Tommy is a lot of people know me I work for Tommy fryer for years grew up watching Harold and Tommy work on it behind Bill's Garage now where they actually lived
  • 3 years 10 months ago
    Rebel Road Rambler (Trussville)
    Rebel Road Ramblers.
    • Gene Foster (Private)
      1 month ago
      Hi my uncle was TS any info you could send me about TS or club would be greatly appreciaeted. Thanks Gene
  • 1 month ago
    SANFILIPPO FAMILY  ROCCO AND CHEATERS SPEED SHOP COLLECTION 031
    When I was a kid, Sonny Black was my hero! We saw him all the time when we went to the shop or to Rocco's home. (Rocco and my Dad were really close....almost like brothers!) Sonny always teased me, paid attention to me, called me "Little Man", (I was about 6 or 7 years old) and let me sit in his race car......... the 34 or 35 Chevrolet with a Cadillac engine. It was #80 or 88 as I recall, blue and white with red numbers. When I heard Sonny was killed driving the little super modified some years later..........I cried like crazy! I had lost a hero and a friend!
  • 1 month ago
    SANFILIPPO FAMILY  ROCCO AND CHEATERS SPEED SHOP COLLECTION 005
    I loved Mr. Sam in the middle! He always gave me figs off his fig trees behind the old store!
  • 1 month ago
    rocco & cheaters photos 070
    I remember this! This is Mimi after he got out of the Navy! It is a Model A body on 32 rails with an Oldsmobile Rocket 88 engine! I remember going with my Dad to the old shop when I was a kid and Rocco letting me play in it!
    125858
    The #6 looks like Rick Carelli "The High Plains Drifter" out of Colorado.
    goodwin collection 029
        The King of short track asphalt racing, with a Camel in his hand.R.I.P
      Dick Trickle was the greatest short track racer I ever watched race and I watched all of them in the 70's & 80's, I started going to races in 1959.

• b varnon (Private)
    Bobby Rutherford 0006
    Bobby won the first figure race {maybe the only one}  at the Decatur dirt track in 1966. the track was managed by  former bham resident   Troy Lee Watts who also managed  Sayre speedway for one year..
    NEED INFO
    Is this Edsel Massey, he worked for Steel City Olds.
  • Marty s (Private)
    125848
    What year was this pic taken? What kind of late model chassis was it? Thanks