All Comments to Brian Edgar's files

A573 RAS

ERF C40 4x2 unit
    Looking at the photo the guys shown are Neil McIntosh (driver) on the right and Gordon Farquharson (spray bar operator) on the left.
      4 days ago
      These guys made up one of three main sprayer teams operating out of the Culloden site. They liked to refer to themselves as the A team (and frequently did!)
      Ken
  • Scammell60 United Kingdom (Private)
    JAV 987F
    my ex brother inlaw  sadly no longer with us ,drove for cattos many a time i went with him on trip,                                                SANDY HENDRY.
      4 days ago
      am very sad to hear about this my dad worked for them and I remember sandy very well when I was a child I went with my dad a lot on school holidays good times with the guys . just sad to hear guys I grew up with all passing away now
    K400 HST

Volvo F12 Globetrotter 6x2 unit
     Interesting to see the origins of this one and the personalized plate, i believe  K400 also spent time in the yeoman fleet gaining its black livery, before a very brief spell with Thorburn international, i believe its currently in preservation & can be seen in the November 2017 issue of classic truck....
      4 days ago
      Hi JOE,      good to see there are still a few of us still about,  not many left ,maybe some of these names you'll still see about.  Big Vince, Big Kit, John Magrath, Snowy he still visits me every two weeks,  Big Tony Francis, there's a couple more but my memory plays up now and again Joe, a'm now 78 !!     Take care /Stay safe. GEORDIE.
    5 days ago
    M756 PLS
    It's been untaxed from Feb 2005 ,so I'm guessing it's a goner
    Leyland Buffalo 4x2 unit
    My ale man hid at een when he was with Aberdeen parcels. .
      6 days ago
      Ended up as a slave tractor when taken over by Sutherlands
    ORG 113
    can anyone tell me what colour this truct was. I seem to remember they were dark blue before they were two tone blue and silver
      6 days ago
      Yes they were dark blue with a red band and gold writing white roof. IUsed to see these at Rogers Walk Aberdeen while waiting in my uncles triumph herald for him to finish work.
    Aberdeen Parcels tautliner
    what ever happened to them

6 days ago
      Taken over by Sutherland's Transport
    • BRS bob (Private)
      6 days ago
      They were taken over by Sutherland's transport altens aberdeen
    547 EVD
    BXB at rear......was his pride and joy when i was there....just restored and painted and signwritten with gold leaf by the wee guy with a club foot(cant remember his name)...was a joy to watch him signwriting....a dead skill now....BILLY MAIN
    • Billy Singleton (Private)
      7 days ago
      BXB 99C was the reg.
    • Billy Singleton (Private)
      7 days ago
      Reg was BXB 99C
    7 days ago
    KRS 241P
    Hello there from the USA.  Charles Alexander was my grandmother's cousin.  We met when I was young, but lost track of his relatives.  Could any of you put me in contact with his granddaughters Leslie or Caroline Hughes?  I would be so grateful.  Laurie Watson
    7 days ago
    E567 MAV
    RD Spittalls old colours
    7 days ago
    SFS 111V & YGA 114S

1. ERF B Series 4x2 unit
    Fleet Nr 54
2. Scania 111 4x2 unit
    Fleet Nr 49
    Aye lots of the Sleeper cabs got downgraded to day cabs because of the rust loved working there I joined when I was 16 in 1983 did shunting and 2nd man on hiab with Tommy Tingle and Stewart Swan then weht into Container control before heading over to work with Charlie McMillan in the the worksop doing Fuel and Maintenance costings left in 1986 to join the RAF All the photos I took where destroyed by a cup of coffee did love the 111 but had to make do with a Mandator in the Yard
  • Rab Haw (Private)
    7 days ago
    C186 MHH

DAF 3300 4x2 unit
       Can remember BUN on the Silver Anniversary yoke and that wisnae yesterday!
    7 days ago
    UTY 569H
    Did Redpath have a Volvo F88
  • Billy Singleton Name (Private)
    8 days ago
    547 EVD
    Sure thats my dad in the second photo.frank Singleton
  • Richard Martin (Private)
    8 days ago
    SJ57 AEP

Volvo FH 480 Globetrotter 6x2 unit
    I put the transfers on this Volvo when it was new , ha e driven it often & worked on it loads of times