All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

• Robert A. Radcliffe III (Private)
    scan0014
    What a shame...two potentially beautiful kustoms that we'll never know...
    • Bill Rudich (Private)
      The one on the right sits in our garage. It is beautiful and completed years ago. Sectioned by George Barris c.1953...molded into the radical custom it is today, by custom car designer Art Maimbourg and painted by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth in 1989.  -Bill & Cindy Rudich, Phoenix. AZ
    CCC ThreeBar Spinner Feature
    The hubcap appears airplane propeller inspired . . . . ?
    24yqlqa- Adamo63
    What kind of car is this?
      1966 - 67 Buick Riviera  Chopped
    IMG 0948
    AHWSOME

P1010008-1
    James sold the car and it is now owned by Frank Sullender of Melbourne, Kentucky USA. Only changed the front hubcaps to 1957 Caddy caps. Car is currently For Sale. Contact is mailto:fs1930@gmail.com.
    stanford 15
    I own a '65 coupe, presently in 'build up' mode.. this is stunning work.!

stanford 15
    I'd buy this..
  • Mark (Private)
    Willet-Brown-34-LaSalle-03
    Where is this car now?  They say it still exists.
    Mark
  • 7 months ago
    Joe Uritta's tub was at Andrews and Evans car lot on San Fernando Road in Burbank around 1957, when we were broke we'd put a buck or two in for gas and cruise a curcuit - Bob's Bigboy in Glendale, then Andrews and Evans on SF Rd., then Bobs Big Boy Toluca Lake. I remember going several times to see this Tub because it was so low. I think they wanted $2500 for it and you could get a regular custom in the neighborhood for $250 to $500 and a "Stocker" for $50 to $250. Just had to be satisfied with looking it over. On the way to Toluca Lake there was another car lot "Mayfields" they specialized in Auburns, Cords and Duesenbergs and a few Packards and Lincolns The good Customs and the Classics were about the same price in those days. John Williamson
  • CHUCK PARRA (Private)
    Bradley 65Chevy
    BOB HUFFMAN LIVED ON FUNSTON IN NORWALK WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID I WOULD RIDE MY STINGRAY BIKE OVER TO HIS HOUSE.FRIST CAR I SEEN WITH LIGHTS IN THE DASH NOT A COLOR BAR BUT LIGHTS WOULD BLINKON AND OFF.

BOB HUFFMAN LIVED ON FUNSTON IN NORWALK WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID I WOULD RIDE MY STINGRAY BIKE OVER TO HIS HOUSE.FRIST CAR I SEEN WITH LIGHTS IN THE DASH NOT A COLOR BAR BUT LIGHTS WOULD BLINK ON AND OFF.
  • 7 months ago
    To Mr. Berky, I think your 51  c hevy is the sickest one I have ever seen. I am trying to do a 54 pontiac chieftain and I was ready to give up on it until I read your story in Joyrides Art about you. I live in Chattanooga, Tn. I wish your shop was here, I would work for free just to learn your art and skills. Keep the faith your a bad builder!!!
    Agie-Winn-56 Mercury-01
    I just got off the phone with my mom Norma and she said she has a bunch of pictures of this car and many more at her home. Wish I could find my Godfather Frank Martins car. He was in a magazine back in the 50's and my Uncle Agie was in a car club called the Gents in Bellflower CA back i the 50's it used to be so great to hear all there stories from back then and the fun they had at Harvey's Broiler and there street racing.. ect.
    Agie-Winn-56 Mercury-01
    my Uncle Agies car how friggin cool
  • memo ortega (Private)
    OFFICER FRANK SCONZONGI
    awesome photos barry, an thank you rik for posting them, barry from the photos here, you must have lived here in southern california in the 50.s, frome the so cal, cars i see here, yes this was an awesome time when we had our customs back then an its still going, i wonder if we crossed paths at some shows back then lol, i sure am sorry i never carried a camera like you did back then, this photo of sconzongi with his 51 merc sure brings back memories, if i remember it was a dark green the two tone really kiked, like your collection of fred rowes merc allso, agian thank you an rik, memo ortega in so calif,