All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

• 11 months ago
    David Rose 1957 Dual-Ghia-Barris-Shop
    what was serial number of this dual ghia
    please reply
      was the top built by chuck barris
      was it a carson top???
    13726347rzXmECyAYW ph
    What is the origin of the chrome side strip?
  • bob falco (Private)
    Gordy-Brown-Designed-Ford-02-FB
    gordy    looking gooding   kustom kars by bob falco  1 845 238 8023
    2615093600061039871gGHNnA ph
    This Olds coupe is now in New Zealand
    IMG_3741-RussBeckwithPhoto.jpg
    Rik; This "turtle" has beautiful proportions! I'd sure like to know the exact amount it's chopped. Boy somebody did a great job for sure. Do  you know who did the car or who owns it? T. Lee
    • Not Sure T.Lee
      I think the car was once featured in a magazine, I think it was Rod & Custom.. but I'm not sure. These photo are from 2009, so my guess is it must have been in a magazine around that time as well.
    DSCN6529
    One of my all time favourite 54's....
    r3q-1
    Awesum!!
    nice car saw it when mark owed it glade it still being shown
    1 year ago
    grandnationalroadstershow2007353
    I just purchased the project 50 ford Can't wait to finish it
  • 1 year ago
    HELLO RICK, I BOUGHT THIS CREASMAN COUPE,IT IS A GREAT CAR AND STILL HAS THE 40'S TRICKS...  ,THAT I AM GLAD THEY NEVER CHANGED.      THANKS FOR THE HISTORY, WILL
    1 year ago
    John's 39 sedan and my 39 Merc Convertible now owned by Gordy Brown are both cars that I had a hand in designing and building. I'm really glad to have been able to keep these two on the road - Gordy's conv is here -
      1 year ago

John's 39 sedan and my 39 Merc Convertible now owned by Gordy Brown are both cars that I had a hand in designing and building. I'm really glad to have been able to keep these two on the road - Gordy's conv is hereunder 38 and 40 merc's and under Gordy Brown
  • Ray Southard (Private)
    1 year ago
    1959 SEATTLE ROD AND CUSTOM SHOW-03
    looking for winner's list and photo's of 1959 & 1960 seattle rod & custom shows, also programs of each.
  • Curt Brennan (Private)
    1 year ago
    a8 3
    Looks like the same exact interior from when I had it back in the early '70s. And that white telephone came from one of the places that I lived in. I thought it would look cool sitting above that box between the rear seats.  Something really cool I realized was that Barris designed this so that the driver could look through the rear view mirror into the mirror in the box (below the phone) and that mirror was angled just exactly right so the driver could watch the TV that is sitting between the front seats facing the rear seats!! (note the knobs sticking straight up). Very Clever!!
      1 year ago
      Forgot to mention that I had also left (in the trunk) an RCA Automotive 45 Record Player so it could be mounted under the dash (for looks).....is it still in the car?
  • Randy Nielsen (Private)
    1960-Caddy01-Dale Gould-TonyWood
    I remember having the opportunity to sit in this car when my cousin Dale Gould was building it. At the time the car was at his muffler shop on Burbank Blvd. in Van Nuys, CA and the hydraulic system for the low ride was giving him a run for his money. I have many fond memories of bothering my cousin when he was building this caddy, and other cars like  the "Bubble Car," and others. My brothers and I would bug Dale to no end, and his father, "Uncle Harry," would have are back and tell Dale to let us watch and not worry about us! My brothers and I did get to help him when he was building the turn table for the "Bubble Car."  He let us try our hand at welding on the frame of the turn table. [He] built a variety of awesome show cars that where in TV shows, the 29' Blue Roadster used in the "Doby Gillis" show, the "Bubble Car" in the old "Mission Impossible," along with his concept "Alligator" flying car. I have home movies and family pictures of some of his projects. The dragster he built was awesome along with his motorcycle/trike bike. My brothers and I had the best time of our lives during the 60's. His father, "Uncle Harry" made the best damn pancakes in the world! If any one knew Dale, chances are, they had some of "Uncle Harry's"pancakes, too.
      1 year ago
      Hello... Pretty cool stumbling over you page. I met Dale a couple of years ago. He is doing well. Since then we have been rebuilding, what started out in life as the Doby roadster. Hope to hear from you as his friends here would love to see what you have on him... :)    My name is Ken Wells