All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

41 Buick skirts
    how much let me know    thank you.
    Kustom%2055
    i help build this car in cinn ohio at Bob Horns Carrage Works body shop, i am looking for information about its first owner Bob Horn. Please contact me at 513-252-3262 Thank you. Ray Caudill.
    My 52 Lincoln
    message for Tony,
     I am Rudy Cozzi.  of Cozzi,s Corvette Clinic & Cozzi's Appraisals. I am working on a appraisal on a 56 "T" Bird
    that i beleive you spent a lot of time building. If possible, i would like you to contact me.
     815-258-2260 or 815-838-7006 or
                                             Rudy Cozzi

This was a 53 Lincoln but Tony Bruskivage who built it also did a T Bird for a guy named Don Von Dwingelo.
        Hey !

That Lincoln was built by my Uncle Tony Bruskivage !  I remember vividly watching him labor away at his home shop in Oakland, N.J.  He handcrafted so much of it and was particularly proud of being an innovator with the pearl based paint he used.  He named the beauty of its time "The Pearl". My dad, Steve Bruskivage, was aIso in the auto body repair business, as were my uncles Gregory Cosoi, and Joseph Cody.  They loved watching Uncle Tony progress with "The Pearl", providing lots of support and cajoling as only relatives could in those times! "The Pearl" was quite a show stopper in her day as I recall.
        Is  "The Pearl" still alive and well?  Where is her home now?

Steve Bruskivage
        Centennial, Colorado
        • Tom Doorly (Private)
          Hello Steve,
            The pics of "The Pearl" on Fotki site with the Lincoln painted Red was how it looked when I owned it back in 1995    I have a great story about how I got the car and I glad I finally found someone that knows the history of it.   Please write me back,
          Tom Doorly   Pottsville PA
          • 1 year ago
            Tom -

I just emailed you today, February 27th, 2016.  I am hoping anyone who knows where the Pearl is today will contact me!
            Steve Bruskivage
  • stan packard (Private)
    P1010216
    I would like to know if you could do a clipper in the darrin  type!

• 2 years 8 months ago
    6/29/14 - This car 'lives' in the Kansas City area - saw it last weekend at a local cruise.  I'll try to get some more pictures and current information from the current owner - but no question it is the same car - license plate is the same and from what I could tell the only change is chrome reverse(?) wheels and knock off centers.
      R.J. and Rita Frizzell own this fine 58
    chev gril 008
    48chevey9096285851
  • chuck Perez 909 628 5851 (Private)
    chev gril 047
    How much 47chevey
    P1010216
    what would a car like that cost, how many man hours to finish! I like how you took a page from Darrin and went all the way with it!
    1 year ago
    I used to work for Mandy in his Precision Auto Body shop in Springfield, Illinois with then manager Ernie Ball, who now has his own shop in Springfield.  I was a member of the Road Runners Hot Rod Club in Springfield (THE hot rod club) and Mandy showed his Merc in one of our first shows (in an old Ford dealership building) and everybody drooled over this custom.  The story I have is, that shortly after our last show in the Illinois State Armory, Mandy sold the Merc and not long after that it was stolen from the buyer(s).  It has been rumored to have been seen numerous times around the country, even in Canada, but nothing that anyone has confirmed that I know of.  I spoke briefly with George Barris at a Fathers Day show (LA Roadsters) in So-Cal and George said he had been searching for years but found nothing.  I think he looked for it up until he passed away recently.  Nothing like this car before or after, simply beautiful!!
  • Gerald Lanner (Private)
    Hi Rik, it's really great to see this car after all these years. In the late '50's, Bob Horn lived two blocks up the street from me on the northeast corner of Springfield Pike and Wentworth Ave, in Wyoming, Ohio, a suburb north of Cincinnati. I would see this car parked in his driveway periodically, and watched it's progress. I would ride my bike by his house every couple days, and if the car was there, I would stop and study it. I was probably 11 or 12, but he would sometimes come out and tell me about it, and he was always patient and friendly. If I remember correctly, he told me that his wife had hand tooled the original dark leather seat inserts. He had a body shop somewhere off Reading Road, maybe in Golf Manor, a suburb nearer the city, and didn't work on the car at home. His two son's had custom Crosleys, one a dark green late '40's coupe, nosed and decked, sunken antenna, molded grille opening, and cobwebs painted for effect. I saw the Mozambique a couple times at a car show held annually at the Cincinnati music hall, and then we moved away in 1963. I saw it again in the early '80's at a show in downtown Cincinnati, and maybe 5 or 10 years ago at a car lot on Kellog Ave., east of Cincinnati. It was outside in the rain, and the trunk was full of trophies and magazines in which it had appeared. I think they were asking $5000.00 for it. I'm glad it's been saved. Gerry
    • Carl (Private)
      1 year ago
      Hard to believe- but I'm the son of the guy who owned this for a long time (Hobie Motors was the used car lot on Kellogg you're referring to). I think it was sold some 10 years ago now.

I'm so glad to see it's had some work done and been taken care of- I'd love to connect with you all if you have any info. on it's current location/condition/owner!

Thanks,

Carl

859-992-6316
    Jochen Fischer-Paint-11
    Nice ride
    jadeidol3
    What a shame!
  • Pat Simms (Private)
    John Gomez-57Chevy-Dick PagePhoto
    What a start! This car became The California Nugget after 18 months of work by Bob Cecchini  of San Leandro, Ca. Bob was John's H/S  buddy and into custom choppers. When one of his bikes came with in 2-points of winning the ISCA over all  championship, they changed the rules. A bike could no longer have a chance to win over all, only the bike championship. They said He could not build a car as nice as his bikes. Well Bob went to his old friend John and the "NUGGET" was born, the rest is history. In my opinion there has never been a more detailed, killer show car built,Period!    PS: Dick Page is one of the best, also.
  • M.B.Avila (Private)
    1 year 1 month ago
    BailonMerc
    I have cool pictures of this Merc my dad drove it in high school when he turned 16 Class of 57 he sold it to Frank have pictures of it the day it can out of tankhouse garage at grandparents house was parked next to the 50 ford truck that was customized by Gene Winfield. Gene louvered the hood on the Merc when he painted it gold