All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

1 year 1 month ago
    P6261682
    Like this car
  • Dan (Private)
    1 year 1 month ago
    Merc01-KidDuece
    I would like to thank the owner of this Mercury for keeping the car as I and friends who built it to be enjoyed and showed in many shows.
  • Ron (Private)
    1 year 1 month ago
    Love what you did with this 46, really, really nice!  Wish it was affordable.
  • Kiwi Bel Air (Private)
    1 year 1 month ago
    21-odr
    Further to my other comments about this not being a 49 Chevy. The dash, rear guards, and taillights are all 51 Chevy.
    While I appreciate that the whole tail end is pieced together the 49 guards have more of a teadrop shape and would almost match the buick hood .

Cheers Kiwi

• Bel Air Kiwi (Private)
    1 year 1 month ago
    p143918 image large
    If this is a 49 Chevy, how come the front clip and firewall are Pontiac. The Chevy no matter where in the world its made is shorter between the rear of the wheel opening and the door by about six inches. The Chevy has no swage from the headlight back. The chevy front wheel openings are flat topped not round, only Olds and Pontiac had that. Also the Chevy bumper doesn't match the front valance, and that slam panel is unique to the Pontiac.

Cheers Kiwi
    1 year 2 months ago
    40Ford pheaton
    Rik, do you have any other pictures of this car?  or info?  I have info on owener in 1961 in sacramento.  Bill Moser
    1 year 2 months ago
    Rik, good morning, the 40 ford phaeton, #16 on 40 ford custom car folder, would you have any other pictures or info?  i have info who owened car in about 1961 in sacramento     Bill Moser
    1 year 2 months ago
    Last time I heard of him he was located in Lime Rock, CT.  He used to chase me & my bike off the property, he thought I might scratch one of the cars.   ~   John Buchtenkirch
  • Paul (Private)
    1 year 2 months ago
    Buick-1959 Darryl Starbird.jpg
    When I was in high school in the 1960's, I would see this car on the street in Wichita. I think it was Darryl Starbird' s daily driver, and I thought it was the most beautiful car in the world.
    1 year 2 months ago
    I 23
    Hi Dick, Hope all is well with you. I remember how it all started with the "Green Mosquito". Think of a lot of  the good old days at Pie Pan. OLD AGE SUCKS. Your life long friend, Tom J
    1 year 2 months ago
    this is now for sale on eBay.
  • David Morrill (Private)
    1 year 2 months ago
    paso062194
    awwwwsome!!!!   great body  awesome paint.     if for sale email me
    1 year 2 months ago
    Scott Pavey-Photo-332
    sweet
    1 year 2 months ago
    This car was homely to begin with.....and the redesign is even worse!.  The placement of the rear fender skirts is really bad (I presume the designer couldn't work around the long rear bumper side extensions).
  • Jim (Private)
    1 year 2 months ago
    docu0010-or
    As of November 2013, this beautiful '57 was owned by John Gervais. When we spoke, he said that it was for sale. This photo was taken at the 2008 Rods and Relics Car Show in Lake Havasu.