All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

1950-Mercury-02-Sonny Schroeck
    Sonny; wow I'm surprised and happy to see you and your Merc on site here! I remember it well my friend. those were great days in the fifty's, back in Belleville NJ, for sure. I sure wish we could go back in time. If you get this message, give me a call, 941-882-1742, leave a message if nec . and will call you back, pronto! I'd love to talk to you, and catch up. T. L.
  • Danny sanchez (Private)
    298573582
    very nice work on the car. also how much to chop the top and rear decklid on 1949 chevy fastback ? thankyou.
    • Here is a link to the HAMB thread these pictures were shared originally by the builder. Perhaps he mentioned how much he took out of the top to lower it: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208995
  • tommy lee (Private)
    0310cr hoot20 z
    Next to Terry Hegman,s merc., this turtle has the nicest rounded rear corners on the hood. A lot of guys miss the mark on these. The big difference being he removed the belt trim and molded the top to the body by softening the line as opposed to keeping the defined (sharp) line from the factory. This really cleans up that busy intersection. It's real hard to get all the gaps and lines even in this area in the stock form. Design wise the merc is so round , that I feel it doesn't warrent a square corner on it. It's a conflict of design. Just my take on these cars which I trully love.

• Bsabob32 United States (Private)
    Roberts40Fords01
    Terry Roberts died a few months ago
    KustomsIllustratedValleyCustoms00.jpg
    saw this car in 1957 in Columbus ohio, at my 1st car show.
    • memo ortega, (Private)
      that was cool you got to see this great custom for your first car show, i allway liked this car one of a kind custom with its landue top, notice that kustomsillustrated allways has some mean color front covers for there mags,
      saw this car in 1957 in Columbus ohio, at my 1st car show.
  • eric oconnor (Private)
    Gary Frye52Ford03
    sweet car does anyone know how i can contact the owner. i am building the same car. i would like to know what modifications you made. please call me anytime. i will pay the phone bill. thanks eric 1-612-229-1374
      My son built this car many years ago and no longer has it. I'll ask him about the details.
  • Nestorugu United States (Private)
    41 Buick skirts
    The price plece i am interested. ,,,,, best wishes. Nestor
    oldauto1
    I am interested in thi part, please answer, nobody answer mails or mesages, . What is the price, this is serious ? Nestor
    • Sorry, but nothing on this site is for sale, unless it is listed as being for sale.
      I am interested in thi part, please answer, nobody answer mails or mesages, mailto:mailto:nerugu01@yahoo.es. What is the price, this is serious ? Nestor
    41 Buick skirts
    Mamy people asking the price, and no answers, I am one more, What about the price, hope es cheap, . Nestor,
    SCAN0176.JPG
    this was my car ,i had paul chop the top ,late 70s,we were neighbors in nipomo at the tme,before i could complet the car i was involved in a  serious car accident...i cant even remember how i got rid of car...very depressing to see photo of it in recking yard.....paul did a fantastic job on the chop..wished i could have finished it....aaron loyd
  • 9 months ago
    Paso 04 009
    This is Frank Weeks 39 - it was completely restores and painted candy red by Scott Guildner