All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

DSCN6529
    One of my all time favourite 54's....
    r3q-1
    Awesum!!
    nice car saw it when mark owed it glade it still being shown
    grandnationalroadstershow2007353
    I just purchased the project 50 ford Can't wait to finish it
  • 11 months ago
    HELLO RICK, I BOUGHT THIS CREASMAN COUPE,IT IS A GREAT CAR AND STILL HAS THE 40'S TRICKS...  ,THAT I AM GLAD THEY NEVER CHANGED.      THANKS FOR THE HISTORY, WILL
    John's 39 sedan and my 39 Merc Convertible now owned by Gordy Brown are both cars that I had a hand in designing and building. I'm really glad to have been able to keep these two on the road - Gordy's conv is here -

John's 39 sedan and my 39 Merc Convertible now owned by Gordy Brown are both cars that I had a hand in designing and building. I'm really glad to have been able to keep these two on the road - Gordy's conv is hereunder 38 and 40 merc's and under Gordy Brown
  • Ray Southard (Private)
    1959 SEATTLE ROD AND CUSTOM SHOW-03
    looking for winner's list and photo's of 1959 & 1960 seattle rod & custom shows, also programs of each.
  • Curt Brennan (Private)
    a8 3
    Looks like the same exact interior from when I had it back in the early '70s. And that white telephone came from one of the places that I lived in. I thought it would look cool sitting above that box between the rear seats.  Something really cool I realized was that Barris designed this so that the driver could look through the rear view mirror into the mirror in the box (below the phone) and that mirror was angled just exactly right so the driver could watch the TV that is sitting between the front seats facing the rear seats!! (note the knobs sticking straight up). Very Clever!!
      Forgot to mention that I had also left (in the trunk) an RCA Automotive 45 Record Player so it could be mounted under the dash (for looks).....is it still in the car?
  • Randy Nielsen (Private)
    2 years ago
    1960-Caddy01-Dale Gould-TonyWood
    I remember having the opportunity to sit in this car when my cousin Dale Gould was building it. At the time the car was at his muffler shop on Burbank Blvd. in Van Nuys, CA and the hydraulic system for the low ride was giving him a run for his money. I have many fond memories of bothering my cousin when he was building this caddy, and other cars like  the "Bubble Car," and others. My brothers and I would bug Dale to no end, and his father, "Uncle Harry," would have are back and tell Dale to let us watch and not worry about us! My brothers and I did get to help him when he was building the turn table for the "Bubble Car."  He let us try our hand at welding on the frame of the turn table. [He] built a variety of awesome show cars that where in TV shows, the 29' Blue Roadster used in the "Doby Gillis" show, the "Bubble Car" in the old "Mission Impossible," along with his concept "Alligator" flying car. I have home movies and family pictures of some of his projects. The dragster he built was awesome along with his motorcycle/trike bike. My brothers and I had the best time of our lives during the 60's. His father, "Uncle Harry" made the best damn pancakes in the world! If any one knew Dale, chances are, they had some of "Uncle Harry's"pancakes, too.
      Hello... Pretty cool stumbling over you page. I met Dale a couple of years ago. He is doing well. Since then we have been rebuilding, what started out in life as the Doby roadster. Hope to hear from you as his friends here would love to see what you have on him... :)    My name is Ken Wells
    P9100025
    This car was used in a sifi movie,that was placed in the future. it was also billed as Bobby Darin's Dream Car
      it was in the movie cinderfella......which was not a sci fi movie....one of his other cars WAS used in war of the worlds briefly (the xm-105) .....also it was never known as the bobby daren dream car,,,THAT car belonged to andy di dia

Barris GoldenSahara
    George Barris didn't have any thing to do with this. Barris also has his name on the Monkeemobile,That Dean Jeffries Built.
     Bob Metz and Bob Snapp of Shelbyville,In built this
      wrong. barris built the first version of this car, the golden sahara..the second version included many modifications by bob metz

1 year ago
    PA210176
    hi frank .this is Rogelio  classic & custom magazine l ll like to see you? send me your
    1 year ago
    55 Ford two door hard top Chrome arch over roof pictures
  • Meyer (Private)
    1 year ago
    PA050013
    How much is a set of the cw16 in original box worth
    • No idea... they do pop up on eBay from time to time. Prices depend on the state they are in, and the demand at the moment. You could create a thread about them on the www.customcarchronicle.com site (Forum) and ask there. Perhaps somebody on there (all Custom Car Enthusiasts) might want to buy it, or be able to help you set a price for them.
    1 year ago