All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

Appleton S-552 08
    Is this light for sale? My number is 714/633/0329

Is this light for sale? My number is 714/633/0329
      • Vic (Private)
        I have a set Appleton s 552 , complete set need to be restored but complete..562 895 4671
    56FordHT-Carnut
    I wish I knew how he did those headlights...I have a '56 that I want to treat similarly. Super nice car!
  • 11 months ago
    MillesMesa-49
    Being the owner of this car to this current date, I can tell you that it never had a 409 or was never sold to Reggie Jackson.  Miles did the 5" chop on my 1964 Chevrolet SS in the winter of 1978. Still not completed but, is still sitting in my garage waiting to be finished.  God bless you Miles Masa .... I miss you and all your car stories you shared with me while my car was at you Downers Grove shop.   I promise to finish this car in your memory some day soon!
    Johan Norlin-OP-24
    Who knows what could be "the real way" in your mind... :)
  • Billyearl (Private)
    P9270007
    One of the True Kings of Candypaint
    love the car,what front windshield and cowl was used?
      1954 Hudson hornet
    You are lucky : nearly everythings fit everythings . In this case , you shorten  a car and you're right .
    A shortened 4 doors become a coupe , and new proportions turn your car out , into a coupé , first advantage  .
    The second one : car is beautiful and useful  , just after the cutting .
    A four doors is always too long , uselessly too long .
    What is magic is the new " reactions " of the car , once it's shortened it's always lighter  ,   faster  .
    .... without modifying the engine !
    I don't live in  USA , and in my country , this modification is highly forbidden  .

We knew someone , here , who did it still . On a 1948  Oldsmobile  . It was no more a straight 8 engine , but a stock V8
    Automatic transmission  .....  , a true airplane , and more a very beautiful " little " car  . THE   DRAMA :
    this car ended in a junkyard ," for the parts " .  Car has been put there by authorities  . So cut !  if you can  !
      I do know the new owner and the the cars body work is done resoration is on going and it should be in paint this winter. Look forward to seeing it done myself
      Thanks Rik for a killer site
      Dave Hitchinson
      FBBF
    BillCarter'46 Chev 6-HAMB
    Cater did not paint this car Walt and don did
    1935plymouth53.jpg
    hi I am in Alaska and I am building a 35 pj coupe and I'm looking for a top that opens kinda like an old volkswagon top that pulls back do you no of anything or place I could get one thanks for any help karl I am at
    1 year ago
    JustinHillBuick12
    Justin, love your work man!!
    1 year ago
    Chevyscan0010
    Car is shown in the river ravine just inside the city limits in Santa Rosa CA, shown to Rick Wilson by Marv Gambastiani.
    1 year ago
    Barris Brothers0008
    George and Sam Barris, Sam sitting in George's chair at the office at 11054 Atlantic Ave, Lynwood CA
    1 year ago
    scan0001
    Dean Jeffries' Merc before flames.