All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

• Mike Johnson (Private)
    1 year ago
    CCC Bob Brown Feature01
    I liked the color Bob Brown photo.......Can a print of this photo be purchased?....I would like to create a large print of this for my garage...
    Thanks
    Mike
    1 year ago
    0701rc 12 z+1951 mercury+dashboard
    Maravilloso, una obra de arte !!
  • 1 year ago
    body-shop-cars
    I remember so well, when Hot Rod did the article on Chuck's pick up. I was in High School, and thought it to be the most beautiful truck ever built. I read and re read the article. Then at the drag races in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, I was literally amazed to see the truck there, and equally amazed and saddened when it caught on fire. Wow......
    Where is it today?

Thanks,
    frankie
    1 year ago
    Dsc00252
    I lived in Sioux City Iowa when this pickup was around. Was still pink and was at the car show in Des Moines Iowa that the Rod & Custom Dream Truck was on it's way to when it was totaled. Chevy dealer in LeMars dealt in new high performance Chevy's and Vettes. I assume he bought the truck from Bruce Geisler ,after he had purchased it from Ayala , and had it painted '57 Lincoln pink. Truck still looked awesome. Had it showing beside a new lowered red '59 El Camino with moon discs, slicks, and 348 tri-power, 4-speed.A few years later the truck showed up on a little used car lot in South Sioux City, Nebraska. Still looked the same but paint was cracking all over and chrome was rusting as it had been sitting outside. Still had the Jimmy 6 with 6 carbs. Wanted $250 for it. My dad was thinking about it but bought a '40 Ford Deluxe coupe instead for the same money. I heard later that the truck was found in a junk yard in Ariz. or New Mexico and was reunited with Bruce for a make over. Still had the nice rolled & pleated interior in it. Nice it was found and redone.
    1 year ago
    Watson-GroupPhotos-Potter14.jpg
    still lookin' for both those vet's she had . got the trophies , got the picture , but no vette
    1 year ago
    Watson-GroupPhotos-Potter14.jpg
    my wife's aunt's car is the vette , La'Vonne batthke , or bremer . what ever . La vonne is alive and well
    1 year ago
    Dick Page 1951 Mercury-02
    Can camoria come over
  • memo ortega, (Private)
    Gordy-Brown-Designed-Ford-07-FB
    love it one mean looking ride,
    • Gordy Brown (Private)
      Hi Memo Thank You for Your nice comments. I always enjoy seeing photos of Your work also! Regards Gordy
      love it one mean looking ride,
        hi Gordy glad you liked my comment, an thank you for checking out my photos allso, im dreaming its sunday morning we are getting ready for our sunday cruze me an terry like we allways do on sundays with our chevy exept its ur mean ride sitting on our drive way we take off early slow an low cruze all over l.a.  blowing peopls minds an dont come back till dark ,  what a dreame memo ortega,
        love it one mean looking ride,
          1 year ago
          bobfalco1943yahoo.com   gordy that kustom look great that the way thay were kustom kars by bob falco monroe ny 1 845 238 8023     good luck with the ride
    1 year ago
    CushenberryC02
    It is truly amazing that Mr. Cushenbery designed the Silhouette back then, that even today eclipses everything else out there. The car is spellbinding.
    1 year 1 month ago
    IanBerky-Munster1951Chevy-079
    Hi, i really like the chop on your car. Can you tell me how much u took out of it.
    1 year 1 month ago
    184963260
    1951-53 DESOTO wheel covers.
  • jesse styles (Private)
    1 year 1 month ago
    Picture 4
    cam i make glass bodys like that today or any car?
  • Tom (Private)
    P7230027
    This car was created in Metz's El Rancho body shop in Shelbyville,Indiana, around 1958.the car is a behemoth. I can't imagine driving some thing like that. he also did work on Elvis's gold Caddy.word was he built a second Kookie's Show rod, for use on 77 sunset strip and for car shows
      1 year 8 months ago
      your information is not very accurate. do some research before making such a post. bob metz did many of the modifications on this, the SECOND version of the golden sahara..barris built the first version. your other info is also wrong.
        1 year 1 month ago
        My brother took me to El Rancho Body Shop in 1957 the Golden Sahara was being built there, it was bare metal bones but had the Split fins on it, a Bob Metz specialty. Barris was famous for putting his name on other people's work, The Black Beauty from Green Hornet TV Show, The Monkee Mobile, Dean, Jeffries did both of those. Bob had the car in his shop for over 5 years, It was hand built. Work stopped on it when other customers cars came in that were a priority. Elvis was a long time customer, Bob did work on several of his cars, from repair to damage to custom work. My brother was a friend of Bob's, I remember one of Elvis's Caddy's being in there. I saw the Golden Sahara on local TV with Bob and it was at the State Fair. Bob sold it to be used in a movie. It was in our local Newspaper at the time.
    1 year 1 month ago
    P3130166
    buetiful Merc where is it now
    1 year 1 month ago