All Comments to Rik Hoving | Custom Car Photo Archive's files

Papoose
    I went back over to his house with my camera. We sat around and talked, but he would not let me go in the garage. He says the Papoose is "disassembled" and the garage is too messy. I'm still working on him. I managed to get him to attend the last Atlanta "ROMEO"s Piedmont show/meet (he knows a lot of the members, and I know he enjoyed being there). I'd really like for him to bring the Papoose back to life - and either show it or sell it.
  • Tom (Private)
    P8181240
      this is Oilers Milf Robins old tub which I owned for about 12 years
      A classic picture!!!  The color, top, DeSoto bumper and license are all perfect for a early custom! I got it from Milf's estate thru San Diego Ford Obsolete and restored it with much help from Tab Guildner. It's over in John Williamson Customs on this site with pictures of it before and after paint and body work. JW

47FordConvertible scan0001.jpg
    how much and where is it,
  • Phillip Hamby (Private)
    021 18A
    Here is the car I car the pearl white bra car,that was ruined,originally,the Elegant Critter.Go see the two at my site, called: then judge for yourselves...
  • Phillip Hamby (Private)
    star026a
     This was a special car that was painlessly made,only to have some one stupid ruin it,by,removing the upolstery,the front was covered,the rear was barred over,with a bumper,it had a quadralateral windshield,the whole new interior was covered too much with white pearl vinyl,that it covered,the back before the rumble seat.It had stock size 15 inch five spokes,that didn't look that cool at all.I still have both sets a pictures on my blog on customcritter.blogspot.com This was a big show winner.It Was a Hot Rod Feature Car.
    1 year 1 month ago
    Lyle Lake was the best body ever graced Hobbs New Mexico. And a Great Friend! !
  • steve moody (Private)
    CCC-Four-Door-Feature-w
    missing from this list is the 50 merc of Bob Reinfried of colorado springs co. Built in the mid fifties by Ron Cogdill's custom shop it was one of the highest quality mercs I've seen. Titan red and gold were the colors but I don't know if color pics are out there. The car was featured in one of the little pages mags and is online also. Reinfried lives inSanta Anna ca. now I think thanks for your time
    Burt Hamrol's-1950Ford-R C-01
    I sold this car to Bob MC formic

• jim thomas (Private)
    Bortz 847-668-2004-05
    This BUICK Limousine looks like it could have come from the factory.  Looks very good!
    P8140234
    Clever push button for door solenoids.
  • Wayne (Private)
    Papoose
    I used to see this car on a regular basis in late 1962 when I was only 18 years old.  I can never figure out the origin of where this car came from because I have never seen another one like it.  It looked like someone took a full size Pontiac convertible and shrunk it down to the size of a corvette.  Everything on car looked neat and factory made.  I always saw it around Ponce de leon ave. and around the old plaza theater.  I walked and touched this car on many occasions and wondered where it came from.  I thought it may have been a factory proto type.  I would love to see it again.  I hope it is well preserved and safely kept.
    Olds OldCustom 02.jpg
    Id love to have it. Is it for sale?
    Barris-Kustoms-of-America-Card
    Mr. Barris made some of the most beautiful full custom cars and hot rods... I'm old school (very old school) me and my brother used to go to the Oakland Roadster Show every year (until the idiot got married). I love the candy apple red, the chrome, and on judging night they would start up all the cars...awesome what site can I view his cars.oh I remember a '58 chevy impala called scoopy-do had 48 scoops.
  • Anonymous (Private)
    Papoose
    I was over at Wynn's house 4 days ago but I didn't go in the garage (where it's stored). I'll go back and see if he'll let me take a picture.
  • David (Private)
    5997006-700-0
    I owned this car 10 years ago, good car !