All Comments to MarkGustavson's files

• Jim Ervin (Private)
    You're bringing back a lot of memories for me, of the days when I built model cars and yearned to build my own full size hot rod or custom car. I knew that the guys with the real cars always looked down on me as a model car builder. That gave somewhat of an inferiority complex but I still loved buying and building the latest kits. Eventually all my model car building lead me to buying a 1930 Model A Ford Coupe in 1964. It needed full restoration and my mother insisted that it be stock. I didn't know how I'd ever afford to get it done but I did and had it painted in the same colours as the car on the Hubley 1930 Model A Coupe box. This was my first car and I still have it. It's won a lot of trophies in car shows since I finally got it on the road in 1997. But it all started with the model car hobby and I still have my kit collection, going back to about 1958. Too bad we don't have a model car museum near me in Canada.
    3 years ago
    DSC 3990
    This thing won... What a joke! I'm aware you can only beat whoever else turns up... But really? Sorry...not good enough... Must try harder.....
    DSC 4016
    2-door on one side and 4-door on the other.... I like the concept.
    DSC 4015
    A Hudson Jet? How cool!
    DSC 4121
    Built by Randy Vandraiss for the 1995 NNL West. The "Giveaway" cars were won by Roy Kinji of Sacramento, CA. After Randy passed away, Roy asked me (Roy Sorenson) to take them to Salt Lake City to donate them to the Model Car Museum.
    GSL-DK210
    Love the dream car!
    DSC 4024
    My wedding cake car! Took 4th in diorama. This was on top of our wedding cake.
    DSC 0287
    Nice Picture, John. Way to Go.

Buck
    DSC 0287
    Looking Good John.
    RGA 7884
    Great Build.
  • Russell Cook (Private)
    DSC 3821
    Build thread for the engine is here:
      Oops, no urls allowd in Fotki, but do a Google search for "Ford Y-block engine WIP" and it will take you to my Model Cars Magazine forum build thread
      Build thread for the engine is here:
  • Russell Cook (Private)
    DSC 3818
    Unless my senility gets to me, I mailed in this one as a GSL entry in 1987. It was my first wacko car entry in GSL, and I've been coming back in person to every event ever since 1990.
    DSC 3815
    Built in 1991, brought it to GSL just for laughs. The wheels are on brass wire taped to the flat bottom with scotch tape, for of the 6 strips dating from when I first built the thing. Yep, it rolls in the carpet.
  • ModlrA Premium user United States (Private)
    GSL-DK173
    Nice to see one of my AAM '37 Cord Convertible Coupe conversions make the scene at Salt Lake!

Art Anderson