All Comments to E. RAY AUSTIN's files

7 days ago
    0176 - Left to right: Dorothy Byrge. Telitha Byrge. Pauline Byrge
    My husband's Sister's
    1 year 9 months ago
    Manford Morgan Hutson (1932-2008), and Pheba Jane (ELKINS) Hutson
    Please help me find phebie Jane.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      1 year 9 months ago
      If you find out, please let us know, ok?  We haven't heard from her in months, last time was around first of this year 2016, I think.
        1 month ago
        looking for phebe jane our cousin , if know how to reach email, thank you

• 1 month ago
    Mildred Hazel (FOUST) Lay, Pheba Jane (ELKINS) Hutson, and Linda Gail (LAY) Austin
    this is judy collier hackett pheba jane we have wanted to visit you call grace 865 357 2997 knoxville  you are as pretty as always

• E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      1 month ago
      Hi, I haven't seen nor heard from Jane in a couple of years and we have wondered about her as well. My wife, the lady on the right in this picture, were best of friends but we have no idea where she is. If you find her, tell her we were asking about her ok?
    POTTER HOUSE IN HUNTSVILLE BEFORE IT WAS TRANSFORMED INTO FOUR OAKS FUNERAL HOME
    Who is the person in the picture
    • E. Ray Austin (Private)
      WHERE IS the person located that you as asking about?  I don't see anyone!
      Who is the person in the picture
    36 - The Driver - George Theim Russ (1904 - 1965)
    George Theme Russ

George Daniel Russ
    This is Dan Russ, George Daniel Russ
  • sheila (Private)
    Michelle Ipock, dau of Russell and Sheila Ipock

WOW  ERay these pictures brings back lots of memories.    Thanks
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      Yes, they sure do bring back some good memories Shelia. Glad to see you found them. Do you have any pictures of me that I could get a copy of?
      • Sheila (Private)
         I will go thru my pictures and see if I can find any.  I will let you know and send copies if I find any.
  • AndyAndEve (Private)
    James "Pat" Crabtree (1950 - 1989)
    Pat Crabtree
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      What is his full name, do you know? Is "Pat" a nickname?
      • AndyAndEve (Private)
        James Patrick Crabtree... everyone called him Pat, that's the name he
        was known by. I am his neice. My name was Emma Crabtree. I have recently
        changed my name to Eva Love. I am Leslie Ray Crabtree and Ruby Letner's
        daughter. My dad is DT and Pat's brother. I noticed there were NO
        pictures of my dad in these. (found one when he was a young kid with
        brothers... but that was all. There is a reason for that. How are you
        affilliated with the Crabtree's?
          Emma James did not have no middle name. they called him pat which was a nick name. and the reason you don't see any pictures of your dad is because we don't have any pictures of him. do you have any.
          James Patrick Crabtree... everyone called him Pat, that's the name he
          was known by. I am his neice. My name was Emma Crabtree. I have recently
          changed my name to Eva Love. I am Leslie Ray Crabtree and Ruby Letner's
          daughter. My dad is DT and Pat's brother. I noticed there were NO
          pictures of my dad in these. (found one when he was a young kid with
          brothers... but that was all. There is a reason for that. How are you
          affilliated with the Crabtree's?
            Who am I speaking with?
  • Mike Carver (Private)
    Thank you for your service E. Ray Austin and Norm Roy from son of a vet AMVETS Post #13.My father was in these specific locations: Cam Rahn Bay, Pleiku, Weigt-Davis, and Qui Nhon. I’m working on gathering some of his pictures.
    I will send them to you as soon as I figure out the best way to do so.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      Thanks, Mike, and if your Dad is still alive please tell him THANK YOU for his Service as well. It means a lot to us Vietnam Veterans for someone to say that.

If you can, please scan the pictures in a pretty large format, like 300dpi, and if there is just a few of them you can send them attached to emails, like 1-2 each, at a time to me by email erayaustin "@" gmail.com. Or you can put them on a CD and mail them, and if that be the case I can give you my mailing address.  Send me a private email first to alert me ok?  I'd love to make an Album on my website for your Dad's pictures.....no charge of course.  Thanks!
  • Mike Caver (Private)
    My father was in 62nd maintenance BN . He mentioned a lot of the places you have talked about. The history is very interesting to me. He was spec 5 Terry Carver. I think he was there in 68-69 and worked in the motor pole.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      Hi Mike. I'm this websites owner and wanted to thank you for looking at the pictures and making a comment. I contacted the man who allowed me to post these pictures, NORM ROY, and he wanted me to post his reply back to you so here it is: P.S. If you need to reply back just leave another comment and I'll see that he gets it, ok?
      ............................................................................................................................................................................

Mike,

I'm not sure if I knew your father since his name is not
      immediately familiar to me. In the back of my mind I have a vision of this one
      GI who worked in the 62nd Motorpool and was a "draggin wagon" driver.
      I rode with him a few times in the truck cab on convoys going to Firebases
      where I was going to have to change a 175mm artillery gun tube. They were large
      cabs with a long trailer to
      accommodate the gun tube. I vaguely recall onetime
      returning to Pleiku from a remote Firebase and hearing some scuttlebud about
      the draggin wagon driver and his buddy who normally rode in the cab with him
      taking a rocket hit to the truck cab. Supposedly they were evacuated and I
      never heard another thing about there condition or the incident.
      If you had any photo of him that he may have sent home during his
      tour it might help me to remember. I will say that if he was your dad I didn't
      associate with him very often. Occasionally we'd bump into each other and have
      a beer or two.
  • Job Russ (Private)
    A44
    Was sad to see Howard Baker go. I had the privileged of both driving his Jaguar XJ9 a couple times and flying his LEERjet. He was one of the biggest names Scott County has ever produced.
    • E. Ray Austin (Private)
      Thank you for the reply. I agree, Howard Baker was a good one and we in Scott County are proud to have know him.
  • Annonymouse (Private)
    9-Mary Theresa Austin
    Great Pic! You can sure see the resemblance.