All Comments to E. RAY AUSTIN's files

• Allen Prunty (Private)
    5 days ago
    Sharp Brothers Store - Elwood Sharp and Anna McDonald
    Anna McDonald is my mom... and I love this picture... she loved Uncle Elwood a lot and always wanted to go see him when we were in town.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      5 days ago
      Thanks Allen. I have so many fond memories of Elwood and his family, I spent a great deal of time in his store, both as I was growing up, and up until he closed it. After I went into the Army in 1964, every time I came home I always stopped by and said hello. Elwood had a small jug of Moonshine hid in his back room drink cooler and he always took me back for a sip when I'd stop by.  Loved that man.
    11 days ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    My mother Linda (Gibson) Jeffers has a photo of Dewel Gibson, a son of Wiley Gibson who died in a house fire and the child looks identical to Dewel.
    20 days ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    This looks like my grandpa, Wiley Gibson. Not sure if it is actually him.
    19 days ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    looks like Willie Gibson. I remember him from childhood
    20 days ago
    1 - Gibson SIsters; Alice and Minnie
    They are left Alice Gibson Right ....Minnie Gibson Patterson. And yes they are Rosa Bell Harness Gibsons & Luther Gibson's daughters.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      20 days ago
      Thank you so much for sending this update.  I have moved some other pictures to this Album, look at the first 6 in this Album and comment on EACH picture and let me know what you think, especialle the 6th picture of the baby and man?

29 days ago
    Firebase 6 Looking SE - 1971
    Spent one pretty long afternoon there rigging a radio hut for pick up and waiting for a Chinook,.. that never showed. leftthe hut rigged and caught a ride back to Dak To.  Beautiful country for sure, but a ways from every thing else..
    pat dunn

0067
    my family is from clinchmore and up the mnt on red ashe i remember going up there as a kid i would love to know if you have any pictures from the camp on red ashe or if anyone knew any of my family rosie (phillips) jeffers harrison phillips,martha phillips,rev.abe jeffers,mary jane jeffers,audie feasure jeffers if anyone has any pictures or info please let me know
    • willie buttram (Private)

• willie buttram (Private)
    0066
    I lived at Clinchmore in the 50s and 60s I remember the names only. Bud and feasure jeffere t
    I remember the names only. Bud and Feasure jeffers. They must have moved from Clinchmotr when I was very young

0097
    Lady in middle is Emily Arthur Byrge
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      Check now and see if I have the "Front Row" right.  If not, send me another message.
      Lady in middle is Emily Arthur Byrge
      • willie buttram (Private)

Check now and see if I have the "Front Row" right.  If not, send me the babies are L to R Margie Ipox and Martha Ipoxanother message.
        Lady in middle is Emily Arthur Byrge
  • Ray (Private)
    Sarah, Lucinda, John and Sam Bussell
    My grandmother on my mother's side.
  • Eray (Private)
    Bill Ford, Pearlie Ford, and Benton Ford
    Granny Austin in the middle
  • willie buttram (Private)
    0045 - Paul Newport, his mother Beulah Newport, and the baby is Phyllis Phillips
    The baby is phyllis who had a sister named sharon the babys mom died in 1957 beulah raised the babies their moms name was ruth newport she was married to lonas phillips who died in a mine accident in sept 1971. Beulahdied in 1983

The baby is phyllis who had a sister named sharon the babys mom died in 1957 beulah rcorrection on Beulah Newports death. I think she died in 1986aised the babies their moms name was ruth newport she was married to lonas phillips who died in a mine accident in sept 1971. Beulahdied in 1983
  • willie buttram (Private)
    132-Cosby Newport - Parents were Fieldon and Ida CROSS Newport.
    Osby and cosby Newport were twins they were born march 26 1941 in caryville Tn. Cosby passed awayAug. 16 1983. Age 42 Osby passed away Nov.27. 2004.age 63 Both lived in Dayton Ohio