All Comments to E. RAY AUSTIN's files

• E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
    12 days ago
    224 - Info from: Allen Prunty
    Thanks Allen, for the update. I don't know where I got a copy of this picture.  Maybe from Tammy, I'm not sure since I don't have your website Link I doubt it came from there....most likely from your cousin Tammy, or Facebook?
  • Allen Prunty (Private)
    12 days ago
    Actually her middle name was Arena not Ann.  I've researched her line extensively.

This is a generated obituary from my genealogy files.

Nancy Arena (Adkins) Lowe, 71, of Scott, Tennessee, USA, died Thursday, 9 January 1930.

Born on Wednesday, 15 September 1858, in Scott, Tennessee, USA, she was the daughter of the late Sterling Adkins formerly of Scott, Tennessee, USA and the late Motlaney (Lowe) formerly of Scott, Tennessee, USA.

On Sunday, 30 January 1921 she was preceded in death by her husband of 47 years, John R. Lowe.

Nancy Arena is survived by twelve children, Starling of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, Mahliea P. of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, Patty Jane of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, Pairsida of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Minnessota of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Lillie C. Low of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Alfred of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Lottie Low of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Cassie of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Carrie of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, Thomas of Civil District 1, Scott County, Tennessee, USA, and Dora L. of Civil District 1, Scott County, Tennessee, USA; seven siblings, Sarah J. Adkins of Scott, Tennessee, USA, Gallent Lee Adkins and his wife Mary Etta (Cross) of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, Phillip Adkins and his wife Mary Ann (Trammell) of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, Cordelia (Adkins) Cross and her husband Rev. Harris Maynard Cross of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, John Sterling Adkins of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, Faranzo Adkins of Smokey, Scott, Tennessee, USA, and Henry Sherwood Adkins and his wife Mary Elizabeth (Phillips) of Civil District 5, Scott County, Tennessee, USA.

Nancy Arena was preceded in death by one sister, Mahliea Partely Adkins of Scott, Tennessee, USA; two grandparents, John Stanton Adkins of Scott, Tennessee, USA, and Mary Polly Huckaby of Virginia, USA.

• E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      12 days ago
      Thanks Allen Prunty, I do appreciate your information and name correction on this picture. Feel free to do so on any picture I have on my website, the information I have is usually copied from someone else's genealogy/work.
  • AlPrunty Premium user (Private)
    12 days ago
    224 - Info from: Allen Prunty
    These are my Grandmother Nell McDonald's Aunts (My Great Great Aunts and 3xGreat Grandmother)

I believe this may have been taken from my website as I have this original that I scanned.  Let me give a little more information.

Ida Howard McCulley was born in Pineville, KY and resided in La Follette for some time she married a Ben McCulley from Bradley County Tennessee.

Sarah Howard was My Grandmother's Grandmother, this makes her my G. G. G. Grandmother.  She is the mother of Ida, Julia (aka Grandma Brown) and Mahalia Belle (Haley Bell) Gillum in the picture..  She was born in Bell County, KY and in her later years spent time with all of the ladies.  She died in 1951 so this picture is dated pre-1951.  She was born in 1865 lived a very long life.

Grandma Brown was Julia Catherine Howard-Brown born in Feb 1888 at Pinveville, KY and died in 1970 in London, KY.  She lived in La Follete for a time.

Mahalia Belle Gillum married Thomas gallium and settled in La Follette where she raised her family.  She passed away in 1979 she was also born in 1888 in December 11 months after Julia.
  • Allen (Private)
    12 days ago
    Tammy-Katy-BtrFly
    Those are my two beautiful cousins!
  • Ron Summers (Private)
    Curtis Austin Tucker, from NC
    I was at the 156 HEM in 68~69. I was a cook and remember both Tucker and The Kid.  As a matter of fact, Tucker, me, and
    3 other guys went on R~R to Hong Kong . If any of you guys out there remember me from the mess hall I sure would
    like to here from you. At that time the gate gaurds and the cooks used the same tent.

Thanks,

SP5 Ron Summers - E-mail:
      20 days ago
      Empty
      • E. Ray Austin (Private)
        20 days ago
        WELCOME HOME Ron Summers. I have sent your message on to my friend, Ricky "The Kid" and he should be reading your message soon and will probably get back to you.  He and I grew up together and live just a couple miles apart.  You can't leave your email on here the website erases it so NO ONE ELSE will steal it and start sending you Junk Mail.  Send me an email if you want to at: erayaustin @ outlook.com - copy the email address and take out the spaces!
        20 days ago

Empty
    • Ron Summers (Private)
      Sorry.I did`nt leave my E-mail address--its     Ron Summers
    1 month ago
    The soldier standing without a helmet is my brother Paul Rys. A Purple Heart recipient, developed diabetes at age fifty and has had lymphoma and prostate cancer from being sprayed with agent orange, yet he's still alive (9/4/ 17)! One tough kid,

eDDIE rYS
      1 month ago

Eddie Rys: eddiesyr at msn dot com
    128-Marie Johnson, with grandkids; Adam, Paul and Vanessa
    This is Marie Johnson with grandkids Adam, Paul and Vanessa. She was no relation to Ernie. Lived in Andersonville.
    151-Untitled-21
    I think this one was either Carrie or Judy Lawson?
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      Thanks. Are you talking about the CARRIE LOU LAWSON, or JUDY R. LAWSON, daughters of James Robert and Betty Rose LLOYD Lawson?

It sure looks like one of them, I hope someone can tell us for sure.
    #13-Brother & sister; Billy Ray Hutson and Linda Gail HUTSON Clark - 2017
    Broccol Billy Ray
    #11-Trina, dau of Billy Ray Hutson, and Linda Gail HUTSON Clark - 2017
    My neiceTrina.bro.BillyRay daughter
    #9-(L-R) Perry Lee Hutson and his dad, Willie Hutson, at their house in Dean and Roach Creek mining camp.
    My Daddy and brother perry. The house we lived in at Dean
  • ERay (Private)
    Old- (5) - Dorothy Edith AUSTIN Rice, at Glade Creek Cemetery in Ravenscroft, TN
    Dorothy Edith AUSTIN Rice, at Glade Creek Cemetery in Ravenscroft, TN