All Comments to foden fan's files

1961 KG6-24 S20 770 DOA.JPG
    Just came across this photo it brought back many memories my father used to drive this vehicle in the 60 s on general haulage for a company in Birmingham.i spent many days out in this vehicle going all over the country
    My dad drove for watts tom winter and my grandad was transport manager willie hogg
    My dad Bryan steele drove for watts many moons ago
    1 year 3 months ago
    I'm sorry but some of the registration numbers don't match with the wagons on the photo's. Greetings from Holland.
    1 year 4 months ago
    375511 244216202304743 1580813423a n
    A tight fit for the Foden low loader on the quay in Padstow Harbour in Cornwall.
    1 year 4 months ago
    1549465 619300808139375 1396738555a n
    This vehicle was one of the night trunk fleet. The photo shows a load of silica glass being tipped at the Drinnick storage site in Nanpean.
    1 year 4 months ago
    1530603 619331201469669 1651495417a n
    This photograph was taken at Westhaul Park. Par Moor Road by Derek Jones. The regular driver of this vehicle was Colin Kendall.
    1 year 4 months ago
    1554569 619331194803003 1968382475a n
    I took this photograph at Marsh Mills China clay works. The vehicle was then driven to the ECC depot at Stoke on Trent on night trunk by myself. Derek Jones.
    1 year 8 months ago
    1929  FLYER UR 6962   (3 6 LTR 6 CYLINDER PETROL ENGINE)
    Where & when was the pic taken? Its a Star 'Flyer' for many years owned by the late Jack Mulley of Ixworth, Suffolk who rebuilt it into a dropside lorry from a horsebox. It appeared in several episodes of Dads Army. Who owns this lorry now? The last owner change was 01/03/2004
    1 year 9 months ago
    2-18-2009_062.JPG
    My dad work for Watts for years George Simpson
  • foden fan Premium user United Kingdom (Private)
    1 year 10 months ago
    1-21-2009_109.JPG
    I'm sorry, Gary, these pictures were taken many, many years ago. I found hundreds of the old negatives and decided to digitalise them. My best guess is it was taken at Masham. You may have guessed my main interest is in Fodens, so I have no history for it.
    Foden Fan
  • Gary Cadwell (Private)
    1 year 10 months ago
    1-21-2009_109.JPG
    What year is this and do you have any more pics of this Leyland when Blue or any other earlier pics of it? I am trying to find out why the bonnet sides have been re-made.
    1 year 11 months ago
    1953. NYN 707. FG6-16. GARDNER.JPG
    Very sad to have lost this from the Bones family , after some towrag burnt the lorry and shed it was stored in , my father would love to know where it ended up , Colin Bones

• foden fan Premium user United Kingdom (Private)
      1 year 11 months ago
      Hello Collin, It's sad to hear the lorry was burnt, I have no more record of it, other than the VED ended 1/5/2007.I too would be interested to know what has happened to it.Marjorie Bell (Foden Society Archives)
    P1010369
    1990. S106. 4350. 4000 Series.  With Rolls Royce 350 hp. Eagle and Eaton Twin Split Worked For British Telecom.Purchased by O and A West in 2010